Being prepared for your move is the best way to ensure everything goes smoothly. The following suggestions may be helpful:
6-8 Weeks Before Your Move
- Start to inventory and evaluate your belongings, including items in your attic, basement, storage shed, etc. Is there anything you can donate or sell?
- Make arrangements for storage, if needed.
- Begin using items in your house which you won’t be able to move such as cleaning products and frozen food.
- Make a list of people to notify of your move including friends, family, subscriptions, creditors, etc.
3-4 Weeks Before Your Move
- Notify utilities (cable, phone, electricity, etc.) of your service shutoff date.
- Arrange for insurance in your new location.
- Purchase moving supplies including boxes.
- Begin packing any items that you will not need immediately.
- Have a garage sale for your unneeded items – or donate items to charity.
2-3 Days Before Your Move
- Pack a box of personal items that you will need immediately upon arrival at your new home. Make sure to set this box aside!
- Contact MOVEDADDY.COM to confirm arrival time of the moving professionals. Notify your representative of any last-minute details.